RSS Feed
Tipperary Station School Blog

About Us

Location
Tipperary Station School is located in the beautiful homestead complex on Tipperary Station, 29 kilometres from the Daly River Road and 180 kilometres from Darwin. The property occupies an area of 209,800 hectares (518,427 acres). 

Tipperary Station School is a primary school only. It provides Transition to Year Six education for the children of residents of Tipperary Station. The school currently has one teacher (the Teaching Principal – Jasmine Shannon jasmine.shannon@ntschools.net) and an Assistant Teacher. In past years the enrolment has ranged from 8 to 20 pupils, with a long-term average of about 14 pupils.

The school has two classrooms, an office, well-maintained gardens and grounds, as well as access to other sporting facilities including gymnasiums, swimming pools, the equestrian centre and more. The school is well-resourced, with an interactive whiteboard, computers, a small library, and 1:1 iPad program.

Click on the map below to see exactly where we are in the NT!
tipp_map

Established in 1914, the station was taken by William James Byrne who had previously owned a business in Brocks Creek and eventually acquired Burnside station. By 1914 he sold Burnside and established Tipperary just beyond the Burnside boundary.

Byrne settled on the property with his wife Elizabeth and they had seven sons, only four of whom lived to adulthood.

Many cattle were killed in late-1925 along the river boundary to the station. Byrne posted a £50 reward for information leading to the conviction of the scoundrel responsible.

When William Byrne died in 1941, the station was left under the management of his widow and three remaining sons, who were also managing neighbouring Burnside Station.

Part of Tipperary was surrendered to the Crown in 1986 along with portions of Stapleton and Camp Creek pastoral leases to form Lichfield National Park.

The station was once owned by entrepreneur and one of Australia’s richest and most influential men,Warren Anderson who bought the property in the mid-1980s. Tipperary Station was renowned for Warren Anderson’s eccentric dreams and collections of rare and exotic animals. Anderson purchased Tipperary in the 1980’s to house his private collection of zebras, giraffes, white rhinoceros, hippopotamus, deer and antelope. At its prime, Tipperary was home to about 2,000 animals from Africa, India and Mongolia. Campfire stories about herbivorous African wildlife being spotted wandering the NT outback have since been shared among locals and tourists alike. The zoo’s myths and legends are Territory folk law and the odd sighting of a wild animal still occurs today.

Anderson sold his empire in 2003 to Melbourne barrister and National Gallery of Victoria’s president of trustees, Allan Myers.  Alan Myers QC paid $50 million along with the 80,000 cattle. Myers also acquired Elizabeth Downs, Fish River and Litchfield stations. Myers had intended to stock the group with 200,000 head of cattle but struck financial problems and sold the property in 2003.

In April 2011, AACo took over the management of Tipperary and Litchfield Station, as well as purchasing 50,000 head of cattle.

Other facilities at Tipperary Station included an indoor equestrian centre, an 8,000 feet (2,438 m) airstrip runway suitable for a Boeing 737 to land, an airport, resort style accommodation including swimming pools, bird aviaries, mango orchards, manicured lawns for polo, gymnasiums, shop, social club,  and much, much more.

In 2011, the Australian Agricultural Company purchased the Tipperary group’s cattle herd of 53,000 head for A$26 million.

As of 2012, David Warriner, the head of the Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association, was managing the group which was stocked with 70,000 cattle raised for live export to Indonesia.

tipp7

94 Comments »

1. Bec Horrocks says:

Wow! I did not realise you were out there on your own, congrats, you have done amazing things since leaving the comfort of the city behind you! Would love to come visit one day!

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Bec, Yes 2014 is going to be an amazing year filled with adventure! Would love to hook up classrooms if you’re back in there next year? Or maybe your two special kids could talk with their teachers in some kind of classroom project?? jasmine.shannon@ntschools.net

• Bec Horrocks says:

I’m definitely up for hooking up classrooms, I always loved watching you at work in the classroom so would love to collaborate wherever possible. As for my two ‘special’ kids… Ryan is doing Year 12, second year IB and Caitlin is doing Year 11 (!!!) so unlikely that either of them will be able to fit anything else in 🙁 Will keep in touch – as soon as I know anything I’ll let you know! In the meantime enjoy the Summer! xo

2. Betsye Sargent says:

Hi Jasmine,
    We’d love to connect with you in some way. We too are a small school of 24 kids ages 5-14 located in Salem, Massachusetts about 30 miles north of Boston. Salem is a small city of 42,000 people located on the Atlantic Ocean.
    Betsye

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Betsye,
      We sound like we are both from small places on opposite sides of the globe! Our students get back to school at the end of January after their Summer break. Would you be interested in a project together then?

3. Joyce Fisher says:

Thank you for Sharing Jasmine! We have a great project starting at Kidlink in February

“I describe my self you Draw me” (D/D) begins February 10th
    Here is the web page of the Project with some instructions: http://www.kidlink.org/drupal/project/DD

4. Betsye Sargent says:

Jasmine,
    We’d love to connect and collaborate in some way. We blog on kidblog.org/PhoenixKidsK-2 or 3-5 or 6-8. Love comments and to comment. Website is http://www.phoemixschool.org Email is phoenix@phoenixschool.org. We use Edmodo and many web2.0 tools. We’re starting a read aloud with Home of the Brave with other schools if interested. In other words we’re open.
    Betsye

5. Betsye Sargent says:

http://www.phoenixschool.org. Sorry for error

6. Janelle Wood says:

Wow Jasmine that is great news, The station looks amazing. Good luck and best wishes for a wonderful year.
    Hugs, Nell

• jasmineshannon says:

Thanks Nell. I am sure teaching the wonderful children at Tipperary Station will be an amazing adventure! Stay in touch by subscribing by email to our blog.
      J

7. Govinda Panthy says:

Great to know about ur gr8 work. Good luck! Hope to be connected with you through skype soon. I’m a teacher / founder of a small rural school in Nepal.

8. Wendy Scott says:

3ws2013.blogspot.com.au

9. Mrs Monaghan says:

Hi Jasmine,
    Small is beautiful! Thank you for leaving us a message on our blog, and adding us to your blog roll. We’re another small school in the north of England, not quite as isolated as you are, and not quite so tiny! We’d love to connect once you get going with your blogging. You should look up Mrs Breyley and her blogging class at Burravoe Primary School in Shetland – she could possibly be smaller and more isolated than you! (Certainly colder!)
    Good luck with your new year and your new blog.
    Kind regards,
    Catherine Monaghan
    A Room with a View, UK.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hello Catherine,
      What a wonderful surprise to receive your comment. We are very luck to be on holidays at the moment so we won’t be back at school until the end of January. We would very much like to connect with your class after we return and have had a little practice with blogging our learning journey. We are also going to connect with Mrs Breyley’s class too! Thanks!
      Kind regards,
      Jasmine Shannon
      jasmine.shannon@ntschools.net
      Tipperary Station School, AUST

10. Kelly Jordan says:

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your recent comment on the 4KJ blog! What an amazing school you are working in. You must build amazing relationships with the students and be able to provide such personalised learning opportunities.

I have changed schools this year which is very exciting. I will be working at Barwon Heads Primary School. I am teaching grade four and will set up a blog for my new class very soon. I will add you to my new blogroll and give you my new link soon!

I hope you’re enjoying your well deserved holidays!

Kelly

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Kelly,
      I saw that you were moving to BH. Wow, a sea change would be so lovely! Enjoy every minute.

Keep in touch and be sure to let us know when you have set up your new blog. We’d love to connect!

kind regards,
      Jasmine Shannon

11. team2nd says:

Jasmine – we are a small rural school in central Pennsylvania, USA. We welcome the opportunity to connect with your small rural school. I would especially be interested in sharing our learning and/or a mystery Skype. Our class is 2nd graders. Please feel free to check out our class blog http://team2nd.edublogs.org and kidblogs http://kidblog.org/MrsRumbergersClass13-14/
    We look forward to hearing from you.

• jasmineshannon says:

WOw, thank you for posting a comment on our blog. We are brand new at blogging and are very excited to make global connections with you. Your blogs look great. We could learn lots from you. My email is jasmine.shannon@ntschools.net if you would like to connect our classes more in 2014.

Kind Regards,
      Jasmine Shannon
      Tipperary Station School, Australia

12. Roadrunners- Mrs. Todd says:

Hello,
    It’s hard to imagine a school your size. Where I teach we have over 825 students in k-5th grade in Monroe, NC. I happened upon your blog site through Ms. Crowther’s as we do projects together.
    We’d love to know about you and your education. What is the area like around you?
    Our blog site is brendatodd.edublogs.org
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. We’ve enjoyed our 3 years of it. It started really small and has grown somewhat. This year I am not just teaching one second grade group of about 20 students but I am teaching all the students in a 40 minute Global Studies/Technology Class that is considered one of the specials the kids go to. That is when their classrooms teachers meet and plan. They get PE, music, art and media the other days of the week. So each day I teach one fifth grade group, one fourth grade group, 2 kindergarten groups (they are smaller), one 2nd grade group, have lunch/planning time then a first grade group and last a third grade group. It’s harder to post on the blog site with so many groups but we do some. I may show them things and then type their questions and answers later after they all leave or at night. Some times I can do it while they are with me. We will be half way through our school year next week. Mrs. Todd Rocky River Elementary Monroe, NC if you happen to look on google maps its 500 North Rocky River Road. We have several Rocky River schools in nearby counties.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hello Brenda!
      Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and introduce us to your school. We cannot imagine that many people in one school! WOW! It would be great to connect around your Global Studies specialist subject?? We will add you to our blogroll and google your school. My email is jasmine.shannon@ntschools.net Love to hear from you.
      Kind Regards,
      Jasmine Shannon
      Tipperary Station School

13. Sovereign Hill Education says:

Hi Jasmine,
    I work at Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum and would love to help you with any questions or projects you might be doing that relates to us. We use our blog to answer kids questions about Goldfields history in particular and colonial history in general. If the kids have any questions, feel free to contact us through the blog http://sovereignhilledblog.com/ or our Twitter handle @GoldfieldsEd. Good luck with the blogging, I look forward to following your adventures in the future.

Regards, Peter Beckwith, Education Officer, Sovereign Hill Museum.

14. Nat says:

Hello students,
    Blogging is loads of fun but it also improves your writing skills since you get people like me from all around the world commenting on your work

15. Oliver says:

Hello students,
    Blogging is a very good way to learn because it is fun but you still learn from it because you write a story as well as you can including punctuation

16. James S says:

Hello pupils in Australia

In blogging you can read other people’s ideas to make your own writing better. Other people can also look at your own work. People from all over the world can give you tips for your work to make it better.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear james,
      having other poeple besides your teacher give you tips on improving your writing can be very exciting. Have you ever connected your classroom to a real author before? In Skyp Classroom you may like to connect with one. They would have some really amazing ideas for real writers to use!

Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

17. Nat says:

Hello students,
    Blogging is loads of fun but it also improves your writing skills since you get people like me from all around the world commenting on your work.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Nat,
      Having people all around the world read your work is so exciting isn’t it! Never before have kids been so excited to read and write!

Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

18. Oliver says:

Hello students,
    Blogging is a very good way to learn because it is fun but you still learn from it because you write a story as well as you can including punctuation.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Oliver,
      We are also learning about punctuation. It is very important in writing to convey meaning and mood to your audience. We are all in Grade T-2. So we are just learning about capital letters and full stops at the moment. What other punctuation are you using in your writing?

Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

19. Alex says:

Hello I am a year 6 child who likes blogging because it is fun and enjoyable when people comment on their work.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Alex,
      We’d love to comment on your work. Do you have a particular piece you’d like an audience for?
      Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

20. Megan says:

Hello I am a year 6 pupil from Bolton. Blogging can help you to pick up different tips and put them in your own piece of writing,I find it really fun!

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Megan,
      Yes writers ‘magpie’ ideas from other writers. That’s how we learn to use craft moves and ideas we never would have otherwised tried. Keep using all the wonderful tips people offer and keep having fun! That’s what learning is all about!

Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

21. Patrick says:

I think school blogging is good because you can share your work with everybody and get really positive comments

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Patrick,
      Feeling postive about your learning is so important to being engaged and part of a great school culture. I look forward to commenting on your work. Is there a link to some of your learning?

Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

22. Thomas says:

Hi everyone in Tipperary station school I’m Thomas of year 6 England bolton st Thomas of Canterbury school. The great thing about blogging is fun and enjoyable.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi John,
      Thanks for your ideas around why blogging is so important. We think blogging is fun too. It is a very engaging way to learn the concepts and conventions of reading and writing while having a real life audience to support you in the learning.

Thanks so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

23. Johan says:

Hollo there we are year 6 from Bolton. I think the benefit of blogging is that you will learn because some one from a different country will tell you what you have done wrong

24. Bradford & Johan says:

Hello there we are year 6 pupils from Bolton , I think the benefits of blogging are that it improves self-confidence

25. Seán says:

Firstly blogging helps you get better at writing by improving your spelling and grammar and you can learn from your mistakes. Secondly if you do something wrong your comments can help you improve.

26. Ashfa says:

Hello
    Blogging helps you improve your writing because other people can look at your writing and give you advice.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Ashfa,
      Yes When people give you advice, you can use it to make your next piece that extra little more special! Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.

Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

27. Luke says:

Hello Australia
    I think the porpoise of blogging is to build courage and hope well

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Luke,
      Courage is important when putting your work out to the universe. Feeling like you can do it is a big leap. Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.

Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

28. Josh says:

Children like blogging better then writing because you get to go on laptops and computes and your arm doesn’t ache

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Josh,
      For some people, writing all the time with a pencil can be tricky. Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.

Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

29. Henry B says:

Hello to pupils in Australia.

I think the best thing about worldwide blogging is that when your school gets lots of visits, it gives you a boost and makes you feel a lot more confident about your work.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Henry,
      Confidence is an important ingredient for kids when learning to read and write. When we all support and encourage each other it makes us feel like we can achieve great things! Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Henry,

Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

30. Jake says:

School blogging is a good way to share your writting with other people around the world and to see what story’s everyone is writting.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Jake,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. Do you have any stories we could read from your blog?
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

31. Mutale says:

Hello to the pupils at this school. I am a year 6 pupil from a different school. Doing a school blog is really fun but you have to put a lot of effort into it to get a successful blog and it is not easy

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Mutale,
      Yes effort is very important in blogging. We always try our best. Sometimes it is hard but we know we have to have a go. Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

32. Daniel says:

Hello to pupils of Australia! A great thing about blogging is that when people post a nice comment it gives you a sense of achievement.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Daniel,
      That sense of achievement is such a great feeling! It makes you believe in yourself as a reader and writer and encourages you to use bigger words, and trickier sentences next time in your pieces. Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

33. Seán says:

Thirdly you can get lots of ideas of comments ,so that will help that’s what I think the benefits of blogging is thank you…

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Sean,
      They most exciting part is receiving comments to our posts and knowing that kids all over the world are reading our work! Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms.

Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

34. Olivia says:

Hi everyone I am a pupil from bolton we also have blog and we are writing about a warning story we like to go on our blog as you really have to think about what you are going to write because the world is going to see your work and it is great to see how many people have been on to the blog.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Olivia,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. I would love to read your Warning Story. Do you have a link?
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

35. Maia says:

Hello I’m a year 6 pupil. It is good because it can help you with you spellings

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Maia,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. Spelling is very important. Through blogging, kids know that their work will be seen by a global audience so they try really hard to get it all just right. Kids are learning through blogging to take extra pride and care in their work.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

36. Jack says:

I think all of the children our fantastic wrighters

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Jack,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. I think you are right! All of our readers and writers are fantastic! It takes courage to put yourself out there!
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

37. George says:

Hello I’m a year 6 pupil I think the best thing about blogging is that your school will get lots of visits from around the world

38. Bradford & Johan says:

I think the benefits of blogging is that it gives you self-confidence

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Bradford and Johan,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. Self confidence in reading and writing can be tricky to have in the classroom alone. Blogging makes you feel like you have a real purpose and audience. Your words are important and people are interested in your work and learning. Boosting confidence in literacy is so important for lifelong readers and writers.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

39. Jacob B says:

Hello to pupils in Australia. I think the best thing about blogging is that your school will get lots of Syber visits and it will help you make your work a lot better.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Jacob,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. Cyber safety is very important and we are going to be learning how to be safe online and leave a positive digital footprint.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

40. Georgia says:

Hello to the pupils at this school. I am a year 6 pupil at a different school . Doing a school blog Is fun but sometimes you have to post every day.the story’s are very good . You also have to put a lot of effort in for it to be good and I can see that you have put a lot of effort in it

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Georgia,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. We are just brand new at blogging so any tips you have would be very appreciated!
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

41. Klaudia says:

Hello to all the pupils in Australia.
    I think that blogging is an extremely good idea because it helps children experience other people from different countries commenting on their work.Also it helps children with their writing because the children will wright some story’s,information and other people will comment on their work and help them improve it.

• jasmineshannon says:

Dear Klaudia,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. The most exciting thing is meeting kids around the world through reading and writing projects. Your purpose for literacy is so real life then.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

42. Emese says:

Hello I thing blog is good because it’s helps my writing.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hello Emese,
      Thank you for adding reasons to our list about why we think blogging is so important in 21st century classrooms. Your writing certainly gets seen by a wider global audience, so you are always more keen to get everything ‘just right’ than if it was just for the teacher.
      Thank you so much!
      Jasmine Shannon
      Teacher
      And Tipperary Station School

43. Anne Mirtschin says:

G’day from a teacher in Australia. I teach in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Hawkesdale, Victoria. Most of our students live on farms but they are so different to the one you are on. Some milk cows, others breed fat lambs or cattle and others have sheep for wool. The farms average about 1000-1200 acres in size. Our closest town or city is Warrnambool. Our area is volcanic plains with assured rainfall until last year when we suffered a drought.
    98% of students catch a bus to school. We have just endured a 5 day heatwave where the temperature was above 40 degrees each day. This is quite unusual for us as we live 30 minutes from the Great Southern Ocean.
    We start school on 28th January and hope to be able to videoconference with you. All the best with the 2014 school year.

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Anne,
      WOW, what an amazing part of the world you live in. In fact I was born in Geelong, so I know Warrnambool well. We would love to do a video conference with you. It sounds like we both have some similarities in the farming lifestyle but differences in other ways on our farms. It will be interesting to compare and connect this year. We start school on the 29th. Stay in touch.

Jasmine Shannon
      Tipperary Station School
      Australia

44. Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa School says:

Hello
    Awesome site and such a great tool for your students to connect with the world I loved reading the bio about the history of your station/school fascinating. We’re a small (ish) rural school in New Zealand which is dominated by dairy farming, which is in private hands. We’ve got a Y7/8 class thats going online and we’d love to collaborate or connect in some way.
    Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki, New Zealand
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

• jasmineshannon says:

Thank you Mr Webb for stopping by! We love reading comments! We sound like we have some things in common. Both a small rural school. I will email you to connect.
      Regards,
      Jasmine Shannon
      Tipperary Station School
      Australia

• Mr Webb and Room One, New Zealand says:

Yes we’d absolutely love to. We’re just starting our page, next week, our students will be here in the classroom. We’d be keen to do some comparisons and connect with your students. Good luck with the start of the school year and we look forward to hearing from you.
        Mr Webb, Room One, Auroa School, Taranaki, New Zealand
        mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

45. Julie Murnane says:

Hi Jasmine, and Tipperary School.
    I am a teacher at Holy Eucharist Primary School in the outer suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am one of four teachers in a large learning community of 95 students in grades 3 & 4.

I found your class blog while searching the internet for ANZAC day resources to use with my students this week. You are doing some really great work there! Inspiring. You seem to be really embracing the idea of a classroom without borders! We also have a blog, and I have placed a link to your blog on ours, if that’s okay with you. We are not so tech savvy as you and your students yet, but digital portfolios and collaborating with other classrooms over the internet are two things I would like to look into for my students in the future…

You can find our blog here: http://hemlc.global2.vic.edu.au

It sounds like you have a fascinating school, with kids who have experiences that are vastly different from the experiences of our own immigrant, refugee, and city kids.

Keep up the great work!

Julie Murnane
    Holy Eucharist Catholic Primary School.

46. neil says:

I cannot wait until I am showing crunch and taking him to PE in Mid Yell with us.

47. Louise Nicholas says:

Hi Jasmine,

Wow this is amazing! I have enjoyed spending the time reading about Tipperary and the school, looking at the photos and the student work samples. I appreciate your time and contributions to such a valuable communication mode for your school. I look forward to further chats in the future.

48. Eve says:

Hi guys!
    I’m Eve, from 5/6 Team @ UPPS in Victoria!
    I’m going to Uluru soon and I was wondering how far your school was from there?
    I hope you enjoy the helicopter rides to school and horse riding and cool things up there in NT!
    From,
    Eve
    P.S: My blog is eve.global2.vic.edu.au

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Eve!
      Actually Uluru is a very long way from us! It is in the same state but it takes a couple of days to drive there! Do you like horses? We love them!
      From Tipperary Station School

49. Padre David & Jennie says:

Hi there everyone!
    We heard about your blog and wanted to come past and say hello to you all! Padre David and Jennie are now living in Broken Hill in NSW – and he is still flying a plane! It was great to see all your photos!
    High Fives to you all!
    Love from Padre David & Jennie xoxo

• jasmineshannon says:

What a thrill to hear from you both!!
      We are so happy to hear you are still flying the plane Padre David!
      We are loving school and are learning so much! We hope the next time you visit Darwin, you might pop in to Tipperary Station and say hi.
      From Tipperary Station School And Miss Jasmine! XX

50. Alina Pescini says:

Kia ora from New Zealand!
    I’ve stumbled across this fabulous blog tonight, and am in awe of your school/teaching arrangements! What an amazing experience for yourself as a teacher, and the students in your class.
    We’re from Lower Hutt, New Zealand … a suburban school in such stark contrast to your beautiful, remote (and no doubt hot) setting! We’re a class of 18 new entrant children (age 5). Our blog is: http://rme7ehs.blogspot.co.nz.
    We’d love to follow your blog … we are a diverse class with many global connections, but yours looks very unique to any that we’re familiar with. My students will be totally captivated, I am sure!
    🙂 Mrs P

• jasmineshannon says:

Hi Mrs P and Class

Thanks for following our blog! We look forward to sharing many new adventures with you!

Miss Jocelyn and the students of Tipperary Station

51. Liam says:

I love how you have a story that you can read in your about section you guys are really cool, and it would be awesome if you could check out our class blog, Blogs-by-the-sea.